Some recommended YouTube therapy to aid recovery from roast turkey, cognac, etc (and assuming you’ve already gorged yourself on the compulsory pinnacles of televisual popular culture from the old days like The Prisoner, Danger Man, etc)…
- The venerable and ahead-of-its-time Quatermass and the Pit.
- The cheesy, gloriously dated, pseudo-swinging, tongue-not-quite-far-enough-in-cheek Department S (1).
- Last but not least, the classy-cast/low-budget (originally aimed at kids) nightmare-creepiness of Sapphire and Steel (the order of these episode-segments is patchy – just go with it) (2).
(1) Any pathological hardcore fans of the late-60s/early-70s louche/debonair/ooze jet-set satin-jackets genre can find more Peter Wyngarde in Jason King. (You need help – something like The Pretenders might wean you off it.)
(2) To see how, by contrast, a higher budget and overly earnest production reduces a talent like David McCallum to vapidity, see The Invisible Man – you should be convinced by the 13th episode.