Over the last 24 months, my apartment’s water consumption has almost halved. Can’t think of an explanation…
- Reduction in size of household: none.
- Gradual long-term shift to drinking beer: no.
- Repair of leaking plumbing and/or installation of more efficient appliances: no.
- Increase in showers/cooking/washing off premises: no.
- Massive collapse in domestic/personal hygiene: certainly not.
- Conscientious effort to reduce usage to save planet/money: not really.
At this rate, I will cease to use any water by mid-2025. A mystery. Whatever it is, it doesn’t apply to electricity.
Your NatSec weirdness du jour: according to a Tweet, ‘14 students at Saint Francis Xavier’s School in Tsuen Wan were suspended for three days for failing to attend a flag-raising ceremony on Friday. The vice principal allegedly scolded them and threatened to report them to the NatSec police, and a uniformed cop was spotted in the school today’.